Privacy and Personal Information
Oak Tree Dural collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of
operating a retirement village.
Oak Tree Dural respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting personal
information it collects, holds and administers.
Oak Tree Dural is further committed to complying with the obligations of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act).
Oak Tree Dural is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
The organisation will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that residents and prospective residents are informed as to why we collect the
information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related
purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide residents and prospective residents with access to their own information, and the
right to seek its correction.